Friday 5 September 2008

I finally made something

Phew, it's been a busy week. I've trawled though millions of jobsites (and applied for a few jobs), baked gingerbread, made samosas, and, finally, after weeks of feeling guilty about taking time to craft, I made a pin cushion!

There's a great shop called Handmade Heaven about 2 minutes away from my house, so I cycled off there in the hope of being inspired, and I was. I bought a little make your own pin cushion set for EUR 10, took about an hour to translate the instructions, then ignored them all and did my own thing. Perfect!

Here's the finished item:

And with sparkly pins:

The cross stitch pattern I bought in Thailand was the inspiration for the bird, and I think it's worked really well.

Next I plan to make a stuffed owl. Hoot!

Debs

No comments: